I am an Assistant Professor at UC Irvine in the Donald Bren School of Informatics.
I completed my PhD at Simon Fraser University in the School of Interactive Arts + Technology under the supervision of Alissa Antle, Jim Bizzocchi and Dene Grigar.
For a current list of my publications,see here.
My past and current research includes:
- HCI and Maker Culture: studies into the new industrial revolution.
- The Reading Glove – A tangible/wearable interactive storytelling system.
- Futura: The Sustainable Futures Game – A multitouch tabletop game designed to teach about issues surrounding sustainable development.
- Creativity Assistive Tools for Games (CAT Games) – A theoretical framework for the design and analysis of gestural and embodied interfaces in games.
- TUNE: Tangible Ubiquitous Narrative Environment – An immersive physical interactive storytelling space.
- MA Thesis: Close Reading Oblivion – Three interrelated close readings of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
- Scarlet Skellern and the Absent Urchins (SSAU) – An interactive flash-based comic story that adapts to the reader’s emotions.